Saturday 10 July 2010

Wedding Advice No.7


Okay this advice I feel is like me being a traitor to my art...but it really does have to be said. Make sure you have an excellent photographer.


Yes...you MUST hire the best possible photographer you can find. Between a makeup-artist and photographer, I honestly feel the photographer needs to be way more skilled.


Not to say get the cheapest make-up artist and then hire the most expensive photographer (although that may be a way of affording the pricey photographer!). Of course you want your make-up to be gorgeous too.


But I've seen pictures from photographers who live, eat, drink and breath photography and pictures from photographers who just want to make cash and thats that. I can honestly say, I get more of a 'connection' with the genuinely talented photographers, the ones who have a unique flare to the whole photography thing.


They can turn the photos of each moment of your wedding into a sight to remember. *sigh* These pictures when viewed again even after 20 years you would fall in love with your husband all over again...wooohooo....atu yang kitani mau tuuuu!


So yea...I'd spend far more money on a kick-ass photographer than on any other aspect of the aesthetics of a wedding. Don't tell other make-up artists that I said this ;p They would soooo kill me...!! hahhahaha

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But missy... Even if u hire d most expensive proffesional BEST photographer and the Make-up artist is pro like you too but make-up is lousy.... it doesnt help too... ryte miss?

- pWincEsS

Heidi said...

hhmmmm.... i think a pro make-up artist would NOT..NO WAY IN HELL..use lousy make-up... otherwise she would not be a pro...skill and style ..thats a diferent story.


And if u get a good photographer...they can always fix anything in the photo..jus incase you get a lousy makeup artist using lousy makeup...

Eh..payah payah just hire me...ok tuuu..hahhahahha :P