Wednesday 9 June 2010

Step-By-Step Process

Today I didn't have much to do and so I really wanted to do a spontaneous makeover. So I called one of my models to practise on. Turns out she had to go out for dinner straight after the makeover session.

So, instead of using Kryolan foundation, which I only use for stage and weddings, I switched back to the more subtle foundation, GloMinerals.


We decided to take step-by-step pix for those interested in seeing the makeup in stages...I personally love to see this sort of thing!




This is the 'before' shot. No make-up at all. You'll notice that my model has few blemishes....not to worry, when you have make-up ..that is.. hehhe ;p




STAGE 1 : CONCEALOR & FOUNDATION


Foundation...and a bit of concealor under the eyes. This is a liquid foundation. I chose a foundation colour close to her natural skin tone. Already the blemishes on her cheeks are covered



STAGE 2 : SHADING, HIGHLIGHTING & POWDER

I know she was only going out for dinner and not 'getting married' but I couldn't help do a bit of shading around the nose and cheekbones and also a bit of highlighting around the eyes, nose bridge and chin...just a little bit.

Then I applied the powder over and created this nice, soft, matte finish.



STAGE 3 : EYEBROWS, EYESHADOW & EYELINER

Totally forgot about re-shaping her brows coz I was too fixated about finishing her look so she could get to her dinner!! Oh well...I just defined them with a brow pencil. Gave her just natural eyeshadow with a tiny bit of green at the bottom. And then I used a cream eyeliner.

STAGE 4 : BLUSHER
Gave her just a natural peach blusher. Why is everything sooo natural? Coz she is one of the very many people in Brunei who don't normally over do her makeup on a daily basis like I do..hehhe...and so I didn't want to give her a heartattck...therefore, it has to seem natural enough that she won't feel overly conscious .. hehhehe...
Here's a closed eye shot of the makeup so far.....



STAGE 5: LIP LINER, LIP STICK, LIP GLOSS, MASCARA & FALSE LASHES

Lastly...!! Lips!! Again..fairly natural....and I decided to give her a demi lash...that's one lash cut into half and then overlapped. It's to give it a more - natural - look.
And the makeup is COMPLETE!

So amazing what makeup can do....!!

Pakai tudong...hehhe..

Final closed eye shot...


And here are shots of her becoming increasingly vain!! This tends to happen after I'm done with a makeover....I see it as a good thing in this case!! hahaha..

Another satisfied customer...

Want makeup lessons to achieve this sort of look...? Gather a few friends who want to learn too and contact me ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the makeup...Im having trouble cana kan apply concealer rah eye..bole show kan cana caranya kah?hhehe

Heidi said...

uumm i'll try...payah mun thru pix....but nanti laaaa....ok ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey Heidi! I do check ur blog time to time to see any updates!! hehe..
Honestly, i think i like the GloMineral foundation on ur models compared to kryolan. but i think again its because of the lighting and all that, coz i think kryolan should give u that flawless finished.. hehe.. ani flawless plg, but just somethg is off..tapi nda tau apa! haha..:S
btw, love ur work! hehehe

Anonymous said...

Do you give workshop to learn to do make-up...i am intersted heidi =) i loves your magic hand...great transformation indeed

Heidi said...

Thank You ..thank you.. thank you..!!

Now I like to use KRyolan fo rweddings and otehr functions yang 'naik pelamin' coz i feel it lasts longer and covers every flaw banar banar.
and i like to use Glominerals for dinner functions or occassions where u'll be face to face closely with people...y'dont want a overly caked face for something like that jua kan!heheh

as for workshops i think i could handle a 'PERSONAL MAKEUP' course for now but for bridal courses..seriously..no sal I dont think i have the patience to teach that...but my teacher Reyn of Reyn Touch can give excellent advanced classes.

anyway. if you're interested in personal make-up...daily makeup u can use for work and functions..simple stuff..yea i can teach that...just call me and we can work something out :)