Saturday 12 June 2010

Wedding Advice No.3


This bit of advice I feel is really useful. On the day of your wedding ceremonies, 'just leave everything for other people to handle'.

I mean it. On the day of the wedding you, the Bride, should not have to be the one co-ordinating things from your little wedding bedroom worrying, loosing it and giving out orders from your slim mobile phone. C'mon that's just ridiculous and in my opinion isn't flattering to the whole 'innocent blushing bride' theme you want going for yourself.

On the day of your wedding you wana be calm, relaxed, happy with just the right amount of excited. You wana be cool and classy... and most of all you wana be sooo chilled that nothing, and I mean NOTHING, can spoil this day for you.

People ask really insane questions to the bride on the wedding day. Like on my wedding day, I'm in my room in the middle of getting my make-up done, with my eyes closed and someone asks me, in panick mode, if I knew where my dad was.....??!! In my 'couldn't be asked to think' mind I thought to myself, Haaa??!! WTF...How should I know..??... wait wait...let me check my crystal ball, maybe it can show me where my dad is around the house since for the last 3 hours I've been locked up in my room...??!!??

Other questions are, what time is the groom coming, where is the groom now...bla bla bla....Can't everyone just wait, for cryin' out loud? He'll get there, unless he's got cold feet..hahahha...no bad joke, hehhe. For this I suggest someone else, like a sibling or cousin, have the phone number of someone on his side so they can liase with each other....NOT the bride and groom yakking information to each other...coz you know what will happen...the bride has to pass over the information to her people...back and forth..back and forth...from one person to the other like 'chinese whispers'! As far as possible just avoid contact with the groom on the day....just meet him when you meet him...The happiness will reflect on your face more and the photos will look so much more WOW. ;)

Seriously, I could never really understand why brides have to be the one to recieve any news and then have -the bride- relay the information to the rest and then become a nervous wreck. What if the news is 'bad' ... like the groom has a flat tire and they are running late....trust me, as the bride you do not want to be the first person who has to hear it. Let someone else worry for you. And after all, a flat tire will get fixed...just like everything else.

It's your wedding day and on the day all you need to be bothered about is getting dressed, made-up looking stunning than you've ever been in your life and have a Mont Blanc pen in your hand ready to sign the 'marriage contract'.... :D

- Now that's how you handle yourself on your Wedding Day!

No comments: